In a nutshell, I’m a well-travelled writer with experience of working in twelve different countries in various fields.
From my base in central Portugal, I work with clients around the world to create compelling copy for the web and in print.
Why choose me as a writer
Since 2002, I’ve been teaching English as a foreign language in Spain, Italy, Tanzania, Venezuela, Portugal and Vietnam. I’m also an experienced writing examiner. This means that not only am I adept at inter-cultural communication, I’m also something of an expert in the finer points of English language and grammar.
My writing experience
I set up my award-winning blog about living and travelling in Portugal in 2011 and produce almost all the content for it.
I updated the hotels and restaurant sections for the latest editions of the Dorling Kindersley Eyewitness Guides to Portugal, Lisbon and Europe (yet to be published).
- materials for students, specifically designed to highlight and provide practice of target language
- magazine articles for Learn English Newspapers with language practice activites
- promotional materials for courses and events
- presentations for staff
- full training materials for customer service skills and business skills
- step by step guidelines for staff on new processes and procedures
Prior to teaching English for a living, I perfected the art of tactful, persuasive business writing over ten years of working within the following sectors:
- National Health Service (UK)
- scientific journal peer reviews
If you’d like more details about my experience and qualifications, you’ll find them on Linked in.